At Motorcycles United.eu ("Motorcycles United"), we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors, including you.
The MOTORCYCLES UNITED team members are customers themselves, both of MOTORCYCLES UNITED and other Internet sites.
We therefore fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information. This notice therefore explains:
- what information we collect when you’re using any MOTORCYCLES UNITED website or app, or when you’re communicating with us;
- why we collect that information;
- how we may then use that information;
- how we share that information;
- how long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it;
- what we won’t do with your information; and
- what choice and options you have to control your information.
So you only need to look in one place to find out all you need to know, this notice covers all MOTORCYCLES UNITED websites, apps and services. That includes the MOTORCYCLES UNITED.eu site, all our international sites, the MOTORCYCLES UNITED mobile site, MOTORCYCLES UNITED’ platform technology, and all other MOTORCYCLES UNITED websites, apps, developer platforms and other products and services (collectively “MOTORCYCLES UNITED” or the “Services”).
Because we’re an online motorcycle product destination, the wording does have to get a little technical at times. But we’ve done our best to try to explain things as clearly as we can.
We’re unlikely to have done this perfectly though, so we’re always happy to take any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this notice. Just contact our Customer Care team if you’d like to discuss this with us.
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following over-arching data principles:
- Your information belongs to you, not us – you should be able to control it, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information;
- We will only collect, keep, use and share your information either (a) for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you haven’t objected to, or (b) where we’re legally required to do so – and as soon as those purposes have been fully achieved, we will delete your information;
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with;
As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand – all of these purposes apply wherever MOTORCYCLES UNITED does business, including countries outside your own. A number of specific uses for specific data is already detailed above.
But we often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for MOTORCYCLES UNITED to work and in order to be able to provide the Services to you.
These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so - for example by providing you with more customised services and a more customised experience on MOTORCYCLES UNITED through things like language-specific profile pages, updates, and content, news, style advice and/or recommendations relevant to you to customise your experience on MOTORCYCLES UNITED.
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you – basically, this relates to the nuts and bolts of our online retail business. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can browse them and then order them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have. These are all the things that make MOTORCYCLES UNITED work properly.
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch – for example, by using personal information, or disclosing that personal information to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, in order to confirm your identity and conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Any such credit reference or fraud prevention agency may keep a record of that information but please note that a formal credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers - If you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post, telephone and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties.
This includes service communications on things like service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of MOTORCYCLES UNITED; (3) promotional communications, including details of our latest sale or promotion. These messages will be sent to you based on your profile information and messaging preferences as selected by you in relation to your account. Please keep your settings up to date or contact our Customer Care team if you wish to change any of these preferences, including unsubscribing from our mailing list.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc, - these polls, surveys, analysis and research may be conducted by MOTORCYCLES UNITED, or third parties. MOTORCYCLES UNITED or those third parties may follow up with you via email regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving email messages. We may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in polls, surveys, analysis or research, and verifying your contact information, which may require your contact information and other personally identifiable information to be provided to the third party fulfilling the incentive offer.
To make MOTORCYCLES UNITED’s products and services better and to develop new ones - MOTORCYCLES UNITED uses and stores site statistical information and log data, to help it identify potential areas to improve the services we offer.